Twitter button Pin It!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BAKING SODA, THE STRONG ARM AND HAMMER


by Mary Pereira


God's Strong Arm
God's strong arm
Reaches in places unknown
In the depths of despair
When you lost and alone

He's always as close
As the mention of his name
Call and I'll be there
I've heard the Lord say

His mighty strong arm
With strength beyond compare
Reaches with softness
And gentleness so rare

Call on the Lord
He awaits your call
God's strong arm
The strongest of them all
by
Lagaya Evans


Did you know that Baking Soda was imported from England? The United States started producing Baking Soda in 1839. Austin Church and John Dwight in 1846 provided a factory in New York, to start manufacturing Baking Soda. Dr. Austin Church's son, John Church owned a mill named the Vulcan Spice Mills.  Vulcan, who is the Roman god of fire and forge, is often shown with a strong muscular arm and holding a hammer. John Church loved the representation for his new company and used it for his logo. Most of us, when we think of Baking Soda, the words Arm & Hammer come to mind.



Baking Soda is a white crystalline powder (NaHCO3) better known to chemists as sodium bicarbonate, bicarbonate of soda, sodium hydrogen carbonate or sodium acid carbonate. It is an acid salt formed by combining acid (carbonic) and a base (sodium hydroxide) and it reacts with other chemicals as a mild alkali. ~ quoted from eNotes

As you can see Baking soda has been around for a long time...here is a link for Arm & Hammer's Timeline. Take a look and see their milestones through the years. In the meantime, Beloved, let's talk about some of the great uses of Baking Soda as far as cleaning is concerned. I had a badly clogged shower sink that would not let water drain down and so I did some research and came across a terrific video on how to clear drains without using drain cleaners which are very toxic. Enjoy the video...


 


After trying this approach, not only did it immediately clear the clogged shower drain but it hasn't given me a problem since.  I highly recommend this method....*note; please don't feel that you need to use boiling hot water to rinse away the Baking Soda and Vinegar, just very hot water will do just fine.

What Not To Do...thumbs down

In my search for what to use Baking Soda for I found a video on what not to do, including the language. [WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE]



What To Do....thumbs up

Baking Soda is a wonderful product that is environmentally safe and very inexpensive to use. Here is another video with great Baking Soda tips.


 


Smashed Peas and Carrots
One of my favorite tips on Homemade Air Fresheners comes from -------------------------------------->

I am making one for my bathroom and for my closet, where I keep my shoes....you know why that would be important my Sweet, don't you? This air freshener is not only useful but beautiful as well by customizing the print that suits your individual tastes, using scrapbook paper. Just clever!!! I Love It. 



 Top 4 Links For Baking Soda Tips



Now after you visit these sights for all your Baking Soda needs and do all that housework, you're going to be tired....You just can't go on neglecting yourself, Love!

Let me help you out by telling you some great beauty secrets Baking Soda has to offer. So sit back and relax, you deserve it. Trust me I know how it is with all the pressure in life nowadays.






Beauty is Only Skin Deep So...Let's Start with the Skin

Did you know that Baking Soda is good for getting rid of acne? Teenagers aren't the only ones running around with blemishes. It's not uncommon, you know so don't feel like you are the only one. In fact, adult acne affects 20% of men and 50% of women at some point in their adult lives.

Baking Soda Mask

Exfoliate and smooth your skin with a baking soda paste. Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub the paste on any areas of skin that feel dry and rough, such as knees, elbows, feet and hands. This will make your skin feel baby-soft and refreshed. ~ quote from eHow

I have tried it...you will want to kiss me when it's all over. Here is a link for a home pedicure, Querida.

Baking Soda Soak for a Pedicure
Baking Soda is well known for brightening your teeth and gives such a smooth feeling but I must warn you about using too much will take off the enamel. So be careful, everything in moderation is always best, Sweetheart.


Baking Soda for your Pearly Whites

It's time to say good-bye again and to sincerely thank you for taking the time to visit me,  participate in the discoveries of all natural products and how they enrich our lives. I am very grateful for all that God has bestowed upon us. He Loves us that much, Beloved.  On my next Blog, I will be discussing one of my favorite Essential Oils of all time...Lavender. In the meantime, don't forget, Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment